Sunday, January 25, 2009

I celebrated the inauguration by:

Making cookies. However, when I made them this time, it was not because I was feeling sad. I was feeling more excited and hopeful than I have in awhile. I was rejoicing.

Then, on my Starbucks cup this past Friday (I count this as divine intervention):

"I have faith. Faith in our wondrous capacity for hope and good, love and trust, healing and forgiveness. Faith in the blessing of our infinite ability to wonder, question, pray, feel, think and learn. I have faith. Faith in the infinite possibilities of the human spirit." (James Brown)

Amen.

For some more in depth thoughts on Jesus and the inauguration, see Ben's blog post, here.

Coming soon: Banana chocolate chip muffins, NY Times bread, chicken stock, chick peas.

1 comment:

Ben Masters said...

Thanks for the shout out. :)

I'll keep my eye out for that muffin recipe. It sounds delightful!